Amtrak Pennsylvanian.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean mixed Amfleet I and II coaches, yes it does. From what I understand the Pennsylvanian runs alot of Amfleet II coaches, which I think are wrong for this route (they should be on the real long distance trains) as well as Amfleet I equipment (mainly food service).

It runs with 4-5 Amfleet II Coaches (doors facing the front of the train) and an Amfleet I Cafe at the rear. I agree, the Amfleet II's should be on other trains, maybe the Long Distance Horizons on the Three Rivers could be swapped for some of the Pennsylvanians Amfleet II's.

Sure, you could replace the Amfleet II cars on the Pennsylvanian with the long-distance Horizons easily, or maybe even a string of ex-Metroliner Amfleets would be well suited to this train.

But the train definatly doesnt require the long distance Amfleet II cars, especially when they are in relitively short supply.

How come all the Amfleet II cars lately (Ive noticed this) have their door ends facing the front of the train?! I always remember the Amfleet IIs for the longest time having their doors face the rear of the train.

Are most of the Amfleet II coaches refurbished now? Last I heard they had alot of them done. Thats definatly a good thing.

If the Cafe is on the rear, then it makes sense to have Amfleet II Coaches facing forward, so that theres always one door at/near the front or rear of the car.

Here's another reason the Pennsylvanian Shouldn't have Amfleet II's, the Doors in them open Manually only, so that means somebody has to be present to open the doors, on Amfleet I's/Horizons', the conductor just has to push one button to open/close the doors.

Viewliner said:
Here's another reason the Pennsylvanian Shouldn't have Amfleet II's, the Doors in them open Manually only, so that means somebody has to be present to open the doors, on Amfleet I's/Horizons', the conductor just has to push one button to open/close the doors.
Horizons have automatic doors? I thought the Horizon fleet was manual, correct me if I'm wrong though.

At least the Horizons I've seen out here have manual doors. Don't know about the ones in the East.

Probably at some point in the past the Pennsylvanian had an E60, but it was more likely to have an AEM-7 on the point.

If the Passagers need to go to Hershey Park via Amtrak's Pennsylvian what station stops in the state of Pennsylvania does the Passagers need to stop at?

Amtrak Railfan said:
If the Passagers need to go to Hershey Park via Amtrak's Pennsylvian what station stops in the state of Pennsylvania does the Passagers need to stop at?
Are you planning a trip to Hershey Park for which you need this information?

Amtrak Railfan said:
Again, call 1-800-872-7245 and ask, its Amtrak's free phone number, just say "agent" and ask the agent when they come on the phone. Please Try asking them your questions before you ask us.

Amtrak Railfan said:
Was the Pennsylvanian used to had Horizon Cars and also Heritage Coach Cars?
Let's clear this up. At one point in time, every Amtrak train ran with Heritage cars. When Amtrak was first formed, the only type of cars they had were Heritage cars. So please don't go train route by train route asking if that particular train ever ran with Heritage cars, every train ran with them at one time or another. :)

Thats right Battalion, the routes that probably wouldnt have had a F-40PH would be on the Corridor, though there were probably some instances where they could have been used for rescue power or something over the years.

But yeah Railfan, dont even bother asking if a route has had a F-40PH on it because they have ALL had them, the only execption would maybe be the Downeaster, that route probably has never been operated by a true F-40PH, but it technically has F-40PH units on it in the form of NPCUs aka Cabbages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back