Amtrak Police Prisoner Transport

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pennyk

Amtrak Rider
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
Saw this outside New York Penn Station today

ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1477937374.494696.jpg

A new thruway connection to Rikers Island?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's for all the people who try to carry contraband through the new body scanners coming to a station near you... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :hi: :hi:

APD vehicles of various types are always seen around NYP, most often on the South side. Also lots of MTAPD, they are very active on the LIRR level. Unlike many other agencies, you don't seem to hear much bad stuff about the APD in the field.

One of the APD policemen told me that van is used quite often.

Because the station is open 24/7 and has huge numbers of people going through it every day, as well as connections to 2 major commuter lines plus the subway on each end, as well as lots of retail, it attracts a fair number of "miscreants" The PDs that patrol the station do a very good job, it is much less "unsavory" than it used to be. Fair number of arrests, fortunately, almost all for relatively minor charges. Almost every arrest in the station is on a NYS charge, they go off prem for booking. Same as the MTA-PD on the LIRR, and the NYPD for the subway.

John O'Connor was an excellent Amtrak police chief, and he's the one who kicked the TSA off Amtrak property.

Polly Hanson appears to be an average corrupt hack, unfortunately. However, the culture of Amtrak police remains the one established by O'Connor and is pretty decent as police cultures go.

(Most police organizations, sadly, are essentially degenerate criminal gangs and should be shut down with extreme prejudice. I draw this conclusion from the NYS Police Troop C evidence tampering cases, the NYPD's history, the LAPD's history, the LASD's history, the Oakland PD history, Chicago PD history, Baltimore PD history, Philadelphia PD history, and I haven't even started in on the South. I know there are respectable police departments, I've dealt with some, but they seem to be an extreme minority.)

When I was harrassed by the DEA on my last trip but two, I only went along with it because he had a uniformed Amtrak police officer with him. I let the *Amtrak* officer search my bags, and he was very well-behaved, respectful, and appropriate. DEA officer wasn't and should not have been on the train at all.

APD vehicles of various types are always seen around NYP, most often on the South side. Also lots of MTAPD, they are very active on the LIRR level. Unlike many other agencies, you don't seem to hear much bad stuff about the APD in the field.
Just the APD Chief who is a Crooked Hack as Neroden said!

That's now the former Amtrak police chief. She resigned today.

That's now the former Amtrak police chief. She resigned today.
That's good News, thanks Bill! Now the new CEO can pick a Competent Chief in the O'Connor mode to go along with the other Replacement Execs coming to 60 Mass!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back