Amtrak Pride Ride for GLBTA Members.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraneMan

Conductor
I've started a Facebook Group called, "Amtrak Pride" for GLBTA members 3 years ago, and have started a doing a group gathering called, "Pride Ride". I've have done this for the last two years, and this fall we're doing a group ride from Chicago to DC on the Cardinal. We've did a group tickets purchase, and we have 3 tickets left for sleeper car.

If you'd like to join our Pride Ride, feel free to join the group!

What are the dates? I would definitely be interested in a sleeper if it fit my schedule. Just did a friend request, name Jim Austin.

In 1978, I attempted to organize a moderately successful cross country trip called the Lambda Rail Tour, and in 1979 I was aboard the Gay Freedom Train from CA to DC for the March on Washington. This is right in my sweet spot!

Travel date is Oct 14th from CHI, and arrive in DC on the 15th. Some are staying a night or two, or others are heading else where.

This sounds like a fun trip. I've been wanting to ride the route and this would be a great chance to ride it with a group

The route through West Virginia, especially the New River Gorge is fantastic! I was on the Cardinal last October and even though the colors hadn't changed yet, the mountains and river were very scenic indeed. There was considerable fog that day which added to the mountain views. I'm hope all involved have a great time!

Back