Amtrak Reservation Summary

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sky12065

Conductor
Over the past week I have contacted Amtrak and made 3 attempts to receive a copy of my reservation itinerary via email from Amtrak. Although all three were sent out by the Amtrak agent, none of the three were received. For the third request I even provided an alternative email address for them to try. I receive their promotional email OK but not the requested summary's.

Now you might ask if I have their email address in my address book! In answer to that, it's not necessary because I have the ability to check the Road Runner mail server without attempting to download my messages to my Outlook program.

Has anyone else had a problem like this or is it just me?

I had the same problem when booking by the International Sales Departement.

I provided them an alternative E-Mail address and got the reservation summary.

Over the past week I have contacted Amtrak and made 3 attempts to receive a copy of my reservation itinerary via email from Amtrak. Although all three were sent out by the Amtrak agent, none of the three were received. For the third request I even provided an alternative email address for them to try. I receive their promotional email OK but not the requested summary's.
Now you might ask if I have their email address in my address book! In answer to that, it's not necessary because I have the ability to check the Road Runner mail server without attempting to download my messages to my Outlook program.

Has anyone else had a problem like this or is it just me?
In the past six months I have experienced this a couple of times with Amtral and the same with a hotel chain. No rhyme or reason as the missing e-mail was not going into my spam filiter.

It could still be getting caught in your ISPs spam filter.

One of the benefits of running my own mail server is not having to worry about that crap (or more correctly, being able to have full control of your settings).

It could still be getting caught in your ISPs spam filter.
I would second that!

Amtrak's email could be getting trashed, before it even makes it to your own private spam filter or spam folder.

when u get an email from over the phone it comes from [email protected] when you book online it comes from [email protected]

so maybe your spam filter isn't liking the DoNotReply idk
That was a good guess, but the email screening program I use before I download to Outlook will include any email that has been identified as spam and gives me the option to delete it or not before I proceed to my Outlook to download.

I wouldn't be surprised though if it got caught up prior to reaching Road Runners mail servers and I wind up receiving the emails eventually. I remember once receiving a message months after it was sent! It must have been carried by the pony express cross country on a floppy disk! :lol:

I got emails of itinerary sent by an agent about a week ago, no problem. Showed up here while I still had them on the phone.

when u get an email from over the phone it comes from [email protected] when you book online it comes from [email protected]

That was a good guess, but the email screening program I use before I download to Outlook will include any email that has been identified as spam and gives me the option to delete it or not before I proceed to my Outlook to download.

I wouldn't be surprised though if it got caught up prior to reaching Road Runners mail servers and I wind up receiving the emails eventually. I remember once receiving a message months after it was sent! It must have been carried by the pony express cross country on a floppy disk! :lol:
Oh well you have roadrunner so that makes sense... I've heard less then good things about there service. Sorry that this is such a hassle the only rez i made over the phone I got the email before I disconnected from the call.

Oh well you have roadrunner so that makes sense... I've heard less then good things about there service. Sorry that this is such a hassle the only rez i made over the phone I got the email before I disconnected from the call.
I've had my issuses with RR at times but they made a big improvement with their email software about a year ago and it's been much better since.

I do have to say that I've had RR since 1998 and I've also use Verizon DSL at camp during the summer for about 3 years now. If I had a choice at camp I would also use RR there. I'll take RR anyday!

In this particular incidence I can't really blame RR because I don't know if the message is getting out of Amtrak's servers or lost somewhere in the jumps before it reaches the RR servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back