Amtrak Station food courts and restaurants close to stations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s a black bear diner within walking distance of the emy station. There is a shopping mall within walking distance.

Been there, done that, but it's kind of a weird walk to get there from the train station though going up and down the towers and bridge, plus interminable delays at traffic signals. Google Maps says it's a 6 minute walk, but I've waited 5 minutes just at the light. I'm quite familiar with the area having gone to the Public Market back when I was in college. It was always interesting when it was overrun with soldiers from the Oakland Army Base. I even remember when the train station opened as I could see it from the market.

I think the only thing that's really close to EMY is the Subway across the street. However, there seems to be a lot more in the neighborhood than I remember when I used to spend a lot of time in the area. Most are ground floor businesses in residential or office buildings.

Fremont Centerville on the Capitol Corridor (and ACE) has/had a quite pleasant café with sandwiches and salads; again, I'm not sure of the current status.
If commuter stations are included, then Berkeley is excellent since it's right near the Fourth Street shopping district. Bette's Oceanview Diner has been there the longest (it was there when it was mostly industrial businesses like auto repair shops) but there's other stuff too like Tacuyba.

I always thought that Orange + Green + Blue + Red = four.

And only the Orange and Green serve North Station.
I know there’s five: Green + Red + Orange + Blue + SILVER.

Silver and Blue lines go to Logan Airport.

UNDERNEATH NORTH STATION is a gigantic Shaws Supermarket with three large hot food bar table - opened late - nice restroom.

i come from the north of Boston to BNO to Orange Line to BBY is very convenient- the Tastee Burger at BBY is very good and on-site of the waiting room (has homeless)

There’s a Bills Backers pub at North Station

At times I’ll take the Airport Silverline to Chelsea and pickup north shore commuter rail. Chelsea has good eats all kinds. The stations are along side each other. But commuter rail schedule is an hour or more apart. The silverline is minutes.

I know there’s five: Green + Red + Orange + Blue + SILVER.

Silver and Blue lines go to Logan Airport.

UNDERNEATH NORTH STATION is a gigantic Shaws Supermarket with three large hot food bar table - opened late - nice restroom.

i come from the north of Boston to BNO to Orange Line to BBY is very convenient- the Tastee Burger at BBY is very good and on-site of the waiting room (has homeless)

There’s a Bills Backers pub at North Station

At times I’ll take the Airport Silverline to Chelsea and pickup north shore commuter rail. Chelsea has good eats all kinds. The stations are along side each other. But commuter rail schedule is an hour or more apart. The silverline is minutes.
Silver line isn't a Subway train.
My original claim of 3 was in reference to their being 3 MAJOR subway lines in Boston serving many different areas of the city. Blue line only really serves east Boston to downtown, while the Red, Orange, and Green all serve at the very least 3 major areas.

Last edited:
Silver line isn't a Subway train.
My original claim of 3 was in reference to their being 3 MAJOR subway lines in Boston serving many different areas of the city. Blue line only really serves east Boston to downtown, while the Red, Orange, and Green all serve at the very least 3 major areas.
If traveling to/from Logan and Boston both the Blue Line and Silver (SL3) are appreciated as being Subways.... major or not.

The new Silver Line (SL4) between the Airport (Blue Line) and Chelsea (commuter rail) is the fastest way to get from Chelsea (CR) and the Seaport District.... major if you work there.

Chelsea has plenty of eateries for layovers but the new SL4 isn’t well known. The SL3 on Friday evening they pack em in like firewood.

Best way to Logan is via water taxi reservation if it’s nearby.

Back