Amtrak Timetable

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
I just received my Amtrak Timetable cover. Yes "cover". It seems that the entire middle fell out along the way. Wouldn't it be nice if they would put it into an envelope?

I just received my Amtrak Timetable cover. Yes "cover". It seems that the entire middle fell out along the way. Wouldn't it be nice if they would put it into an envelope?
When I received mine last week the cover was detached from the guts, but at least I got it all.

When I received mine last week the cover was detached from the guts, but at least I got it all.
I sent an email to Amtrak and just got a response. They told me where to order the schedule. They did not seem to care.

I had that happen to the last one I ordered. This time I just went down to the local station and asked for one there.

peter

Me too. I recieved my cover yesterday. I will order another on line and see what happens. Now even Amtrak mail is becoming an adventure! :)

yep. learned this the hard way, too. the solution is call amtrak and order both the system timetable and one of their other publications/brochures, e.g, the 'amtrak america' brochure. they then ship both in a plastic wrap to save on postage, and in this way, your timetable arrives as crisp as the day it was delivered from the printers.

-- eliyahu

waterbury, ct

I would be happy to get the cover. Did they give me credit for the Harpers Ferry picture on the front?
Yes, they did. On page two there is a blurb called "About the Cover" and your full name Terry Carter Tabb is listed as the photographer.

Thanks Alan,

The License Agreement said "Amtrak may, but is not required to identify and credit Photographer and.........

Was hoping they gave credit. :)

Terry Tabb

Since we all have internet access, we could instead save a tree (as well as Amtrak's limited marketing money) and find the same information at amtrak.com!!

It's not exactly the same. Awhileback, when I tried to find some of the superfluous details (such as range of fares), they were not online. Do be real and consider that Amtrak may be using recycled newsprint and this is probably a group that likes to read or savor their copy on their work breaks or on the train and then save it in their archives and not have to worry whether technology will render their copy unreadable. Some of us still have stuff on now unreadable floppies.

Also the national the table is nice to have when you don't have internet access, say out on the side of the tracks; or on board.

peter

I usually pull up the route timetable online and print a copy to take with me.

Be happy you got it at all. Here in the Katrina zone there was an long embargo on a lot of mail. For two years there were no periodicals delivered in S Mississippi and S. Louisiana. If you get your magazines at all now, they are torn up. I did finally receive my August, September, and October Trains Mag, all on the same day last week. About 1/4 of the entire magazines were missing (the lower left hand corners).

If your water turns on, if your police come when you call, and if your mailman actually comes around every day, consider your self blessed. There are still thousands of people with a totally disfunctional government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back