Amtrak Track-a-Train littered with gray (i.e, no data)?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

OBS Chief
Can't say I've ever seen this much gray before. Any info on the cause?

Amtrak lite us up for me.

We are currently experiencing an issue which is preventing us from providing all the features of Amtrak.com. It is only possible to make one-way and round-trip reservations or check Train Status. For more assistance, please download the Amtrak app or call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).

Is it possible that this is a result of the IT lay offs ?
The website has had serious problems and been off-line any number of times over the past several years. Without some clue as to the cause this time, we have no idea as to whether the recent IT layoffs and outsourcing contributed to this outage. The reliability of the website and access to the reservation has been quite poor compared to most other companies.

As of this morning, the front page of the website is back, but some parts appear to still be off-line. Update: A few minutes ago, click on Schedules didn't work, now it does. So the website and all the links under it appear to be coming back. Until the next time it goes off-line for hours or days...

Amtrak website appears to be working better this morning.

I hate to say anything nice about incompetence, but in my recent experience with VIA, the Amtrak website (when working) has far more functionality than the VIA one. OTOH I'll trade exquisite on-board food for Website functionality any day. But I digress.

this evening, my mobile APP lost all knowledge of the trip and could not retrieve the reservation I am in the middle of. Fortunately, the conductor had me, so he didn't need to scan my bar code on my APP. When I checked the Amtrak site a short while ago, I don't know what I was seeing, but it was unusable.

this evening, my mobile APP lost all knowledge of the trip and could not retrieve the reservation I am in the middle of. Fortunately, the conductor had me, so he didn't need to scan my bar code on my APP. When I checked the Amtrak site a short while ago, I don't know what I was seeing, but it was unusable.
I always save the PDF ticket to my phone - in case I can't access the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back