Amtrak Train 1 time into New Orleans La

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_Fan_Trains

Estimated Arrival 2 hours and 5 minutes late

As of the last report at 9:00 am at Bay St Louis, MS, it was running 3 hours and 42 minutes Late.

Just out of curiosity why is this a topic for discussion? What is there to discuss?

battalion51 said:
Just out of curiosity why is this a topic for discussion? What is there to discuss?
I dunno!!!! Just like the "Amtrak Rumor Mill," we'll find something to talk about!!! :lol: :D

battalion51 said:
;) I agree ;) Let us know when something intresting happens like if the Sunset departing Wednesday passes the train that departed on Sunday somewhere along the line. <_<

Now that really would be interesting considering the Sunset leaves Orlando on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. :lol:

engine999 said:
That dosent seem too bad for the sunset, better then a few days ago.
:lol: , well the #1 due in Los Angeles tomorrow morning has yet to even arrive in Houston, shes doing about 15 and 1/2 hours late now.

I can see the day when UP dispatch will put P001(24) on the siding, only for P001(27) to pass it going in the same direction. However, this may be the very reason Amtrak keeps the Sunset on a thrice weekly schedule. :lol:

I don't know - maybe it would finally be publically and politically embarassing enough for the freight railroad and congress to get some action, if two consecutive days' worth of sunset were to be found parked on the same siding waiting for the freight road to let them pass.......

Or this might be a good opportunity for food franchises - you could get the franchise for the Pizza Hut located at the sunset3 siding, somewhere in Texas. With daily sunsets in each direction, those sidings would probably have at least one sunset parked there at all times.

AmtrakWPK said:
Or this might be a good opportunity for food franchises - you could get the franchise for the Pizza Hut located at the sunset3 siding, somewhere in Texas. With daily sunsets in each direction, those sidings would probably have at least one sunset parked there at all times.
:lol: Probably see Amtrak sell the pizza in the lounge car at an severely inflated price.

Maybe whenever the train pulls into a siding that should be the designated smoking stop so that time in the stations isn't wasted. :lol: :ph34r:

AmtrakWPK said:
Or this might be a good opportunity for food franchises - you could get the franchise for the Pizza Hut located at the sunset3 siding, somewhere in Texas.  With daily sunsets in each direction, those sidings would probably have at least one sunset parked there at all times.
:p That's a good idea. A Ford dealer along with the pizza hut would make it complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back