Amtrak Train Partially Derails South of Washington, DC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - what train was this? A Special train? 712 passengers and 15 crew?

Saftey Patrol combined with the Silver Meteor. Saftey Patrol is just something in Florida, bunca' Midwest Horizons put on the bacxk of the usual Meteor. I can't believe that many people ride that train though. Astounding no one got seriously hurt or a major derailment from cars buckling, etc.

Slightly off topic, but is the Safety Patrol going to be on the back of 97/98 next weekend, or did I miss my chance to see it for 2010?

Hasn't the "Safety Patrol Special" been involved in a couple of incidents now?

The Safety Partol Special generally runs for three or four weekends in a row. You should be able to catch it next weekend.

Aloha
"Partially Derailed" how is this possible? Either it is on the tracks or not.
I suppose that's what a journalist calls it when only part of a train derails. Like a partial amputation when only part of his leg his cut off. ;)

I was hoping to see this train this afternoon as it passed through my area. Maybe take a few photos. Now it looks like it won't be coming through till at least 10:00pm. Not prime photo-taking time.

How ironic that the Safety Patrol Special is involved in a derailment!

I guess if you only put an axle or two on the ground then the motor only partially derailed since half is on and half is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back