Amtrak Travel Survey - something new?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completed one of the surveys (we've all done these) regarding my recent Pacific Surfliner trip (the rare mileage trip).
Toward the end, they appologized for the train being late (it was 24 minutes late). This appeared without any previous questions regarding on-time performance.
Followed were a couple of survey questions regarding how I was notified about the lateness both before the trip, and while on the train.
Is Amtrak being upfront about OTP now and trying to address this without receiving complaints?

I received a "sorry your train was late" after the gathering at the end of October. My train home was delayed. I don't recall if there was any questions. I think it was just an apology email.

I'm liking that they are being more responsive to survey feedback. I submitted a survey a while back regarding kudos for some of the conductors on one of my recent trips, and I received a reply within a few days stating that it's being documented under the conductor's file and their supervisor was aware. It was pretty expedient - I was impressed.

I received a "sorry your train was late" after the gathering at the end of October. My train home was delayed. I don't recall if there was any questions. I think it was just an apology email.
We got a "sorry your train was late" email as well, when our New Haven train arrived about ten minutes too late into Philadelphia to connect with our Keystone train. It was no big deal, of course, there was another we caught a bit later. But I do like the idea that they are keeping track of such things and auto-issuing apology emails. Candidly, I'm surprised that Amtrak IT is capable of this.

I'm liking that they are being more responsive to survey feedback. I submitted a survey a while back regarding kudos for some of the conductors on one of my recent trips, and I received a reply within a few days stating that it's being documented under the conductor's file and their supervisor was aware. It was pretty expedient - I was impressed.
I did not receive a post trip survey for my recent Silver Meteor sojourn but I had a remarkable SCA and proactively sent an email. Unfortunately, there has not been an acknowledgement beyond the automated response. I hope word filters back to her.

I submitted a survey a while back regarding kudos for some of the conductors on one of my recent trips, and I received a reply within a few days stating that it's being documented under the conductor's file and their supervisor was aware. It was pretty expedient - I was impressed.
Whenever we have a SCA or other Amtrak employee who gives us exceptionally good service, we make it a point to contact Amtrak and leave positive feedback for them. It doesn't cost us anything and, in the long run, will probably mean more to the employee than the tip we gave them.

Last edited:
Back