AMTRAK USA Rail Pass Folder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John-MCPO-USN

Train Attendant
OK, stupid question----but, my first "Rail Pass" journey is upcoming, and I keep seeing "USA Rail Pass Folder" on some documentation..........and that the Rail Pass is only valid if inside a rail pass folder.

The agent that printed the Rail Pass put it in a normal AMTRAK ticket folder....nothing special, and nothing with the wording "Rail Pass" on it.

So, is there such a thing as a Rail Pass Folder?

John

I traveled on a USA RailPass last month. It was in a little folder but there was nothing special about it.

When I was boarding my first train I had my ticket and RailPass out for the conductor but he said he didn't need to see the RailPass. From then on I only had my ticket out when I boarded but I did have the RailPass on me if I needed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience is the same as Stans when Ive used a Rail Pass! Ive always had it in a regular Amtrak folder, but the Conductors and TAs that pulled my tickets only wanted the ticket! Once when boarding,, in NOL, also an ID to go along with it! Never was asked to show the Pass the four times Ive used them!

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience is the same as Stans when Ive used a Rail Pass! Ive always had it in a regular Amtrak folder, but the Conductors and TAs that pulled my tickets only wanted the ticket! Once when boarding,, in NOL, also an ID to go along with it! Never was asked to show the Pass the four times Ive used them!
No kidding....they never wanted to see the Pass.....hilarious.

So, I should be good-2-go with my Sleeping Accomodation tickets? I just didn't know if that folder was make-or-break for the pass (didn't want to get 2 legs in and then have a problem), and I wasn't sure how the Conducters "lift" the Rail Pass tickets - if I have to retain it for the entire journey.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back