Amtrak Vacations contract

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH No - You could have waited until Monday to post this. I just received all my tickets and tour vouchers and now I can't contact anyone until Monday morning. We're scheduled to leave on Thursday. I'll let you know what information I can get from Amtrak on Monday.

Mustymom

Amtrak has made it clear that they will honor everything, and that there will be no issues. I'd still call Amtrak, though.

I am sure you were well taken care of by Amtrak. The committment has been made to handle all fully paid reservations. People looking for refunds and those with deposits on future trips may not be so lucky. This is a very rare event in the wholesale travel business. The fact that Amtrak has stepped in and assumed responsibility does not happen very often.

The differentiation between Amtrak and Amtrak Vacations is not widely known by the public. I think that anyone can easily assume Amtrak Vacations is simply a subsidiary of Amtrak, seeing how the packages are/were advertised in official Amtrak publications, like the Travel Planners and various tour booklets. Amtrak almost has to do this to save face... because while they technically licensed the name to Private Label, the public doesn't really know or care. If it were advertised as a private travel agency selling Amtrak travel, and not so heavily endorsed by Amtrak, then I have a feeling there wouldn't be this "stepping in" at all. :)

When I booked the vacation package I got the telephone number from the Amtrak web site. No where did it state it was not Amtrak.

So far they have been able to verify my train and thruway reservations. They also verified the hotel. They will get back to me tomorrow on the tours and the airlines.

Mustymom

Back