Amtrak vs. SUV in Indiana

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
Very heartbreaking news about a fatal collision between a westbound Amtrak train and an SUV. It's not clear what the woman was thinking when she drove around the gates, but she paid for it with not only her life but that of her 5-year-old daughter as well. And a 7-year-old daughter had to be told the news in school. This one was especially rough to hear about, and it had to be devastating for the poor crew who were powerless to stop it and were the first to see the carnage.

From Gary, IN Post-Tribune, 5/13/03:

Two die in SUV-train crashGARY — A Chicago-bound passenger train roaring into Lake County at nearly 80 mph struck a Chevrolet Blazer Monday morning, instantly killing the two occupants.
The full story is here. The time of the incident means it was either the LAKE SHORE LIMITED or a late THREE RIVERS.

What could this lady have been thinking to do this??? :angry: What is WRONG with these people??? :angry: :angry: :angry: :blink: ;)

I might be able to understand if this lady did this if she was by herself, but with her FIVE YEAR OLD in the car with her!!! She really thought it was worth endangering/killing her five year old and sickening her seven year old to try to save a MINUTE at most? Amtrak trains do NOT take long to clear crossings!

jccollins said:
What could this lady have been thinking to do this??? :angry: What is WRONG with these people??? :angry: :angry: :angry: :blink: ;)
<_< I know, what can these peopke be thinking? <_<

What can they be thinking?????...

I think the answer is clear here.

THEY ARENT THINKING!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back