Amtrak website/app issues

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just worked fine for me. Login ok and my account displays fine.
Windows 10, MS Edge and Chrome both worked ok.
The app on my Android device also looks ok.
0815 PDT
I suspect it depends on your luck. They probably have a server bank. It works fine on some servers and is hopelessly broken on others. It depends on which server happens to be assigned for handling your login. IOW, when they did the previous update it did not happen fully and they just put the system back on line without making sure the whole thing works. My speculation trying to explain what is observed.

I suspect it depends on your luck. They probably have a server bank. It works fine on some servers and is hopelessly broken on others. It depends on which server happens to be assigned for handling your login. IOW, when they did the previous update it did not happen fully and they just put the system back on line without making sure the whole thing works. My speculation trying to explain what is observed.
Could geographic location have something to do with it? I'm in California and maybe my connection was handled through a different portal/server than yours in Florida.

Could geographic location have something to do with it? I'm in California and maybe my connection was handled through a different portal/server than yours in Florida.
That is essentially what I said in perhaps an overly geeky way. So yes.

I cannot log into my account on my Mac desktop at home or on my MacBook. I have tried Google and Safari. When I use Google and try to sign in, the language switches to Chinese or Japanese. I am not able to reset my password on Google Chrome.

I tried Safari. I could change my password, but then I could not log in. The spaces to enter my information never appeared.

Every time I look at the app, I see vague error messages. At least my booked trips show up there.

Everything was working fine a few weeks ago, but now it is a mess.
Did you clear browser cookies and cache? Always the first thing to try when things get weird. That got it working for me this morning.

(BTW, it was Chinese. The URL included zhong, and Zhonghua is Mandarin for China.)

Back