Amtrak Websites

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TransitRider

Service Attendant
I am curious, do anyone of you have a website with full of photos of trains including Amtrak? Do you own a domain name? or do you use 3rd party like photobucket or else? I am trying to do some research to see what railfans wants? I may have a better solution upcoming. I just need some feedbacks. Thanks :)

Flickr does just fine for me. I've found the uneven standards applied to getting pictures accepted at railpictures.net to have completely killed my interest in trying to put pictures up there, but if I'm looking for something in particular the search covers all the bases.

I am curious, do anyone of you have a website with full of photos of trains including Amtrak? Do you own a domain name? or do you use 3rd party like photobucket or else? I am trying to do some research to see what railfans wants? I may have a better solution upcoming. I just need some feedbacks. Thanks :)
Aloha

Both, I have 2 Domains, and a Hosted Picture site. The picture site in my linked signature allows me for very little money place pictures for display without advertising. Some host sites have ads I can not and will not support. A current redo of my web site will link to my Smugmug account So I have only one area for pictures. When I get to my personal site I will do the same linking. Smugmug has a very easy process to manage my Picture Gallery's

Sorry if I was not little clear. What I was trying to say that I am doing some research where, how and easy for railfans to publish their sites with photos in a simple and fast way. Yes I am talking about hosting not just photos but html pages and whatever they wish.

Why you hate ads? it does help to cover the cost the servers to run the service. I run my site ad with google and it making money and it pays for itself....

I am going to try launch a better, simple and free service like this but better than trainweb.org. Believe me :)

Sorry if I was not little clear. What I was trying to say that I am doing some research where, how and easy for railfans to publish their sites with photos in a simple and fast way. Yes I am talking about hosting not just photos but html pages and whatever they wish.
Why you hate ads? it does help to cover the cost the servers to run the service. I run my site ad with google and it making money and it pays for itself....

I am going to try launch a better, simple and free service like this but better than trainweb.org. Believe me :)
Joseph, that may be the case, but this is not the place to advertise, do field research, or build an audience for your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back