Amtrak's Federal Train Route.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BNSF_1088 said:
Amtrak Railfan said:
Is the Viewliner Sleeper Car back in service on the Federal Trains?
:unsure: :unsure:I didn't know they took it off
Matt,

They've been gone now for several months. Amtrak pulled them so that they could take other sleepers out of service for repairs and overhauls.

AlanB said:
Amtrak Railfan said:
No it's not. Read the third post down in this thread.
Alan broken link, that takes you to the thread about sodas, not what you're going for I think.

AlanB said:
BNSF_1088 said:
Amtrak Railfan said:
:unsure: :unsure:I didn't know they took it off
Matt,

They've been gone now for several months. Amtrak pulled them so that they could take other sleepers out of service for repairs and overhauls.
Where have i been :lol: Thanks Alan

battalion51 said:
AlanB said:
Amtrak Railfan said:
Alan broken link, that takes you to the thread about sodas, not what you're going for I think.
His link is to your post about the sleeper not coming back per NARP it just happens to be in the amenities topic. :)

battalion51 said:
AlanB said:
Amtrak Railfan said:
B51,

No, it's the correct link. The third posting down, which is yours by the way :) , mentions sodas intially. But then you go on to talk about NARP reporting on the state of the Federal's sleepers.

BNSF_1088 said:
AlanB said:
BNSF_1088 said:
:unsure:  :unsure:I didn't know they took it off
Matt,

I think that they were first pulled in November, although it may have been October, I'm not positive.

AlanB said:
BNSF_1088 said:
AlanB said:
BNSF_1088 said:
:unsure:  :unsure:I didn't know they took it off
Matt,

I think that they were first pulled in November, although it may have been October, I'm not positive.
Ok thats why that was a bad month for me thats when they were forceing me around :angry:

BNSF_1088 said:
Ok thats why that was a bad month for me thats when they were forceing me around :angry:
What did you guys have optionals and you got rolled multiple times in one week or what?

battalion51 said:
BNSF_1088 said:
What did you guys have optionals and you got rolled multiple times in one week or what?
I made a move up to Galesburg Il but i have a 5yr contract in Lafayette La which if there short of people they can force recall us and that is what happend it stinks i still have 3yrs on this contract :angry:

Amtrak Railfan said:
When the Viewliner Sleeper will be back in service?
Did you go and read the post that I told you to read back on page #4 in this topic? :unsure:

If you had done that, it would have told you when the sleeper will be back.

If the Passagers went to go to NewPort News VA or to Richmond VA does the Passagers need to get off the Federal and take a other Amtrak Train to this places?

Well let's see now, considering the Federal doesn't go there, wouldn't it be a good assumption that they do take other service there?

They have a connection that leaves Washington a half hour (an hour on weekends) after the Federal's scheduled arrival time that goes to Richmond and Newport News. Train 77 on weekdays and 75 I believe on weekends.

Amtrak Railfan said:
If the Passagers went to go to NewPort News VA or to Richmond VA does the Passagers need to get off the Federal and take a other Amtrak Train to this places?
Ricardo, how about you give MileTrak Express a try. You don't have to register or have any Amtrak Mileage to use it. I bet you will find the myriad itineraries very enjoyable and entertaining to browse :D

Anthony said:
Ricardo, how about you give MileTrak Express a try. You don't have to register or have any Amtrak Mileage to use it. I bet you will find the myriad itineraries very enjoyable and entertaining to browse :D
I found some of them quite amusing myself. Some even left me scratching my head a bit B)

The focus is physically valid and legal connections, not necessarily practical or connecting according to schedule ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back