Amtrak's Holiday Wish List

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMTRAK-P42

Conductor
Well the other day I was thinking; if I had one holiday wish towards Amtrak, what would I wish for??

I would have to say the obvious, ample funding to keep the company going strong.

What about you?

Yes, consisting funding is the most importent thing for Amtrak.

But for a "toy" on the wish list, I would say install 'Direct TV' in all Sleeping car rooms. I have always thought this would be a great addition to First Class travel. If it was installed, sleeper sales would probably skyrocket. I just saw a TV ad where Frontier Airlines just installed Direct TV on most of there flights. Something Amtrak should consider, especially if the Direct TV company would consider a very low instalation price in exchange for Amtrak advertising there name.

My wish list would be to clear up the punctuality problems about 90 percent. No other travel industry would allow the delays we are forced to endure, through freight intererence or whatever else.

I agree with Bill! :lol: #1 priority on the tracks over all freight except maybe military moves. That would be nice!! B)

The necessary upgrades to the northeast corridor, where needed, to bring the acela up to its full potential.

My wish is just for Gunn get enough funding to follow through with his five-year plan. Which is includes, but certainly wasn't limited too, fixing damaged or old equipment, buying new equipment to replace aging Heritage cars, upgrading the NEC, and improve on-time performance. While amenities like "Direct TV" would certainly boost revenue (or make the train look more inviting to the public), the cost of installing and maintaining them would be out of Amtrak's league.

battalion51 said:
My wish, a Mechanical staff that actually fixes what is written up by the crew.
:lol: Very true B-51. I am sure few of us can just cant count on our hands the number of times the toliets have not worked, or have stopped working in mid trip.

My Wish, a whole fleet of Viewliners, with plenty surplus and enough to equip each train with at least 3 sleepers and 5 coaches, and for potential expansion on other routes, so that the Federal, Boston LSL and others, won't be missing sleeprs.

Enough equipment to be able to rotate equipment without having to run trains without certain cars so that maintenance can be done on a more regular basis, and a better preventative maintenance program.

I agree with Bill and Amfleet with good OTP and the 5 year plan. They are both reasonable goals, although I would LOVE to see the DirectTV systems in all the sleepers! That would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back