Amtrak's (or rails') share of THESE feddybux?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Damon

OBS Chief
Courtesy of The Wall Street Journal:

From highways to schools, state and local governments have been postponing approved construction projects in recent months. Assured funding would jump-start these projects. The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, a group of state and local government officials, has a list of 3,109 "ready-to-go" highway projects that could break ground in 30 days to 90 days worth $18.4 billion.
Two former Clinton administration transit officials, Mortimer Downey and Jane Garvey, are among those spearheading transportation issues for the Obama transition. They have reached out to state and local officials to be ready for a spending package.

"What we've been told is to be ready, it's coming," says Christopher Ward, executive director of the bistate Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. His agency has several infrastructure projects in planning, including a new rail tunnel connecting New Jersey and Manhattan that is seeking federal funds. ...
Sure, a new rail tunnel to Manhattan is needed. If that gobbles up the "rail" part of this package (a very big IF) though, that's not the greatest of ideas, IMO.

Silly, silly me. This is what I get from staying in the building, and not getting out in the field these days.

I'll answer my own question. Courtesy the AASHTO website:

In addition to the highway projects, 16 states, identified by asterisk in the table below, also reported ready-to-go transit, rail, and waterways projects. Those responses indicate some 66 transit, 21 rail, and 1 waterway project that could be launched if funds were available.
More details in the table at the link.

More details in the table at the link.
But that table only seems to have a project count per state, with an asterisk if there are non-highway projects included in the count.

What I'm particularily curious about is what the Massachusetts projects are, and whether the Silver Line Phase III tunnel that can't seem to find any riders who actually want it has managed to reach the ready to go phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back