Amtrak's Smaller Changes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Dude

One of the ones is that when I was on in 1997, they gave you a whole bag of soap and stuff, and at the end, they gave suvonires. Why is this????

One of the saddest facts of rail travel is that the attendants are not given the proper tools to do an efficent job.

Did you know that the flowers and air freshener found in some washrooms are paid for, out of pocket, by the car attendants?

And, one should always tip the attendant, in my humble opinion. Many of them are mistreated by irate passengers for things they have no control over. Overall, they do one hell of a good job, and care about the quality of the service they provide.

A few years ago, I remember Amtrak spending their money on advertising "mints on your pillow", and then not havng the funding to provide the mints!!!

Well, that's the government for ya!!!

Well, as a station host I have noticed that Amtrak has cut back on the number of promotional items they are producing for us to display/distribute at the station. I created my own "Amtrak to Disneyland" brochure and put it on display at the station. It seems to be a big hit - we went through 500 of these brochures during the first week and a half they were on display! According to the ticket agent the number of people traveling from MTZ to Anaheim jumped up in these last few months since the brochure was made available. Luckily I can copy as many of the brochures as I need at my work for free! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back