Amtrak's Strategic Plan

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakadirondack

Lead Service Attendant
I don't know it there is another topic on this but here is Amtrak's Strategic Plan.

Amtrak's Strategic Plan includes a hole bunch of stuff, like retire all of the Heritage Fleet except the Baggage Cars and by 75 replacements, retire the Cabbages, retire some passenger cars and several locos and by 14 new RDC's.

Click here to download the PFD file, its 54 pages so it might take a little bit to download :)

It would be nice to see it go through. Where is the 54th Viewliner? We have 2 Prototype sleepers, 1 prototype Diner, 50 Sleepers. What is the 1?

Would the Heritage Replacements be Viewliners?

I actually think, though I'm not sure this is only from rumors, that a shell for a designed Viewliner Lounge is sitting somewhere on Amtrak's property at one of their shops. Where it is I have no clue. Again just a rumor.

Amfleet said:
I actually think, though I'm not sure this is only from rumors, that a shell for a designed Viewliner Lounge is sitting somewhere on Amtrak's property at one of their shops. Where it is I have no clue. Again just a rumor.
I would guess probably at Beach Grove. I know that the only Viewliner diner is stored there as well.

Amfleet said:
Thats all it is, a legend, I've got articles from the 1980's stating only 3 shells were ever built (2 Sleepers and 1 Diner). There may be plans, but no shell. (Unfortunately)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back