An Auto Train UGH

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The story is rather vague on what exactly happened and what exactly Amtrak staff tried to do about it and how well they kept the pax informed. Can you shed any more light on this?

The story is rather vague on what exactly happened and what exactly Amtrak staff tried to do about it and how well they kept the pax informed. Can you shed any more light on this?

My son is 10.. so basically what I was told is "Dad, we're stopped in the middle of podunk! it's hot and we can't pee". Ahhh from the mouths of babes. I guess the pax were kept well informed enough and really I don't see what else Amtrak could do but not a good introduction to Amtrak for my sons friends and family. The Auto Train doesn't really lend itself to bustitutions or anything. I just hope their return trip Saturday night is better. I feel like crap because I'm the one that recommended they ride the train in the first place.

I know the feeling. Sometimes I'll recommend the train to a non-fan, but then I'll think back to how things actually work. That's when I have to acknowledge the reality of the situation and let them know that our train system is still prone to disappointment. Don't feel too bad, there's no way you could have known this was going to happen, and sometimes this happens with planes, cars, and buses too. Even if he ends up hating Amtrak it's still an interesting experience that will build character. Or at least that's what they alway used to tell me when I was a boy. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back