Annual Pittsburgh to Philadelphia Ridership on the Pennsylvanian

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zethya

Train Attendant
Does anyone have any statistics on the above. I'm only asking about PIT-PHL, not PIT-NYC, which I know is available.

Does anyone have any statistics on the above. I'm only asking about PIT-PHL, not PIT-NYC, which I know is available.
I'm sure that Penn DOT has all finds of stats for the Keystone Corridor, east and west.

(I did find a very discouraging study of adding more and faster trains PHL-PGH. I mean, $11 Billion cuts the trip time by an hour, so still an hour more than driving?)

But I didn't find the info you seek. Why don't you ask Penn DOT? Send an email, asking where the info is posted.

I'm sure that Penn DOT has all finds of stats for the Keystone Corridor, east and west.

(I did find a very discouraging study of adding more and faster trains PHL-PGH. I mean, $11 Billion cuts the trip time by an hour, so still an hour more than driving?)

But I didn't find the info you seek. Why don't you ask Penn DOT? Send an email, asking where the info is posted.
NARP has listings for the top ten city pairs for both ridership and revenue at Pittsburgh, but simply lists them by rank without any backup data other than distance. Years ago NARP published the top city pair ridership for every station, but no longer.

I notice the Pennsylvanian's schedule has been lengthened a little too. It used to arrive Harrisburg 12:30ish. Think is about ten years ago I was on a Pennsylvanian connection from the Capitol Limited to Harrisburg. We departed Pittsburgh on time at 7:30, we arrived what was at the time 35 minutes early into Harrisburg. We were scheduled for a 12:30 arrival, we pulled in at 11:55. The actual Harrisburg to Pittsburgh running time can be as little as 4:25. So if you could spend $11 billion and shave an hour off the running time, it actually would be comparable to driving HAR to PGH, and probably faster than PHL-PGH. It's mostly Amtrak's padding that really lengthens the schedule.

Nick

Back