Another dope smuggler on the Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ispolkom

Engineer
Guy arrested on the Empire Builder in Grand Forks with 7.5 lbs. of hydroponically grown marijuana.

The interesting thing about this one (other than the careful identification by a North Dakota newspaper of the marijuana as "hydro"), is that the Border Patrol latched on to this guy at some earlier point (Havre, perhaps, since I've never seen Border Patrol in Portland), but perhaps didn't have probable cause to search. They just phoned ahead to Grand Forks, who brought out their drug-sniffing dog. PC, and a nice arrest.

Oh, and that booking photo? Looks to me like the gentleman was sampling his own product.

Thank goodness the border patrol is busy working on marijuana busts. Makes me feel so much safer and assures me that our ever more limited funds are being spent on the most important issues possible.

Id consider a drug bust of any sort to be pretty important. Lord knows that if no one did anything, then people would be screaming bloody murder that a drug smuggler made it all the way to their destination and did what they were going to do.

A pot bust is just a waste of time and a waste of tax money. Legalize it, don't criticize it. Cops do whatever is easy.

Good thing that we don't have any Important Crime going on in this Country so our LE Agencies can concentrate on "Reefer Madness" and the Fiends who Smoke Herb, er Evil Pot <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the eastbound Sunset Limited #2 right now. Yesterday afternoon at El Paso, a guy was taken off the train and arrested by undercover cops with a drug-sniffing dog. The guy had two suitcases of cocaine with him.

Id consider a drug bust of any sort to be pretty important. Lord knows that if no one did anything, then people would be screaming bloody murder that a drug smuggler made it all the way to their destination and did what they were going to do.
The bloody murders are occurring in Mexico thanks to America's continued adherence to prohibition era drug policies that give rise to modern day Al Capone gangsters. Pot smokers are too busy following the path of least resistance to bother committing murder. I'm more than willing to spend our limited time and money on solving and preventing ACTUAL murders instead of wasting it on easy pot busts followed by years of taxpayer funded prison time promoting small time pot smugglers to the hard crime trades. The first step to fixing anything is admitting we have a problem.

I was gonnna Hi-ball but I got hjgh . I was gonna clean up the main line but I got high ..... Now Iam on a spur and now I know why l. cause I got high ......
Hahahaha, that'a a great song. :D

The bloody murders are occurring in Mexico thanks to America's continued adherence to prohibition era drug policies that give rise to modern day Al Capone gangsters. Pot smokers are too busy following the path of least resistance to bother committing murder. I'm more than willing to spend our limited time and money on solving and preventing ACTUAL murders instead of wasting it on easy pot busts followed by years of taxpayer funded prison time promoting small time pot smugglers to the hard crime trades. The first step to fixing anything is admitting we have a problem.
But then all of the for-profit prisons we've set up would run out of customers victims money.

We cannot have people transporting dangerous narcotics on the trains. These dangerous criminals must be arrested, convicted and incarcerated but some leniency should be afforded this dealer as he was selling the all natural organic variety.

0404.n.gfh.potbust.jpg

Andrew Sorenson, pot head

I'll leave it to everyone else here to debate the pros and cons of pot legalization.

To amamba's point, the dude is still breaking the law. Fight to get it legalized, and then become a legal entrepeneur where it is legally legal, never minding the fact that Federally, it's still ILLEGAL.

So, yeah, maybe legalize, not criticize. But until then, the law is the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back