Another employment question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the Other Mike

Lead Service Attendant
Most positions say you will go to "school" to learn.

However, entry level "agent" ( ticket/customer service) don't say anything about that but they do say you must be able to workd the " STARS / ARROW / RAILRES / Quick Track " systems.

Maybe I'm over thinking it but will you be taught these systems, or, are you expected to learn them BEFORE you apply ? ( and if so, where do you learn them ? )

thanks in advance

If you are hiring off the street, you will be taught in a ticket agent class. If already employed, there also used to be a self taught course you could do on own time. Not sure if that still exists.

When you are hired off the street you have 120 days to qulify on the job, if you get hired for a ticket job they would most likely sent you to Chicago for up to 2 weeks trining. The program that you use to sell tickets is not that hard it is a windows based program.

When I was hired I took the testing and did not hear back for 3 months, but that was 20 years ago. Right now in Materail Control it takes 30 days just to get into the computer program class that is a week long. But if you are getting hired for the station that program is not as hard to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back