another great empire builder trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yarrow

Engineer
far ne washington state, 1/2 mile from canada
my wife, two of the kids and myself climbed aboard the eb at 1 in the morning on halloween in spokane and settled into our roomettes. woke up a little before whitefish, mt. and went to breakfast. food wonderful as usual. i had the bob evans scramble for all breakfasts because it is so good.

the trip over marias pass and on to the plains was beautiful. interesting people to talk to in the observation car. our sleeping car attendant, gary, was friendly and helpful. invited my wife and me to the wine tasting. in the past the kids have been able to come for the cheese but not today. but they sent a box of cheese back to them in our room.

at msp there were several beautiful old cars from the milwaukee road hiawatha which we got to inspect from the outside.

we were right on time to chicago but ran into problems with some track repair equipment that couldn't move a bit before milwaukee so ended up an hour and forty five minutes late. no real problem with that.

rented a car and went to visit a college son in oberlin, ohio then back for 3 great days in chicago before checking in to the metropolitan lounge for the trip back.

our sleeping car attendant, issac, was wonderful and the trip, scenery and food on the way home without problem. got into spokane right on time. bravo, amtrak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back