Any news on tracks?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miami Joe

Lead Service Attendant
Any word on track conditions?

Heard Friday, that Amtrak was hoping to resume service on Sunday.

MJ B)

I haven't heard anything since today's update, which of course cancelled today's service.

I'm not sure how things are doing in the Carolina's, however once north of there, Charlie went a little further out to sea than originally forcasted. This will reduce rain amounts and wind speeds through Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, NJ, & NY.

Well it looks like nothing is coming into Miami tomorrow as 91 and 92 are cancelled. 98 has equipment already in Sanford and will orginate from Sanford, so 9815 will run normally north of Sanford with bus transportation from Miami and intermediate points to Sanford. 9715 is annulled south of Sanford, with alternate transportation to Miami, discharge only. 9015 will originate from JAX, 8915 will terminate in JAX.

There's no way 98 left on Friday, I had the Engineer that was supposed to take that train out in my car on Friday afternoon, along with 92's Conductor and Engineer.

I cant say on the actual track condition, but the area where the Hurricane hit did suffer alot of falling debree. In addition the extra rain on top of the already saturated ground caused alot of flooding.

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Beach/.../3014/News.html

This page has a pretty detailed description of what happened. The cars that flipped over are NS AFAIK. I would not expect to see Seminole Gulf operations up for a few months.

The fec mainline is in pretty good condition, except in a few areas there is alot of standing water next to the row. Going to be fun around here in a few days when the mosquitos hatch. :eek: :( :ph34r: :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back