Anyone else shut out of Amtrak site w "Verification codes not matching"?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed that Amtrak now sends a security verification code so that you can get into the Guest Rewards and booking site. It accepts my user name and password but after putting in the verifcation code that they sent it says "Verification codes do not match" Tried this a few times without success. Who do I contact to resolve this problem?

I sent a note to AGR and today , tried to sign in, the code came through in an email and it worked. My guess is that the system is getting overloaded and when it does, it just does not work. Strange problem as I was completely shut out for three days where it would my user name and password came up as invalid. . Then the system let me in but it sent codes that were not valid. it ended with the system again shutting me out completely. Amtrak needs to be concerned as you cannot even purchase tickets when this happens. I don't know what to think of it.

I sent a note to AGR and today , tried to sign in, the code came through in an email and it worked. My guess is that the system is getting overloaded and when it does, it just does not work. Strange problem as I was completely shut out for three days where it would my user name and password came up as invalid. . Then the system let me in but it sent codes that were not valid. it ended with the system again shutting me out completely. Amtrak needs to be concerned as you cannot even purchase tickets when this happens. I don't know what to think of it.
Call in your reservation. The waiting time is nil - HAH!

After three weeks I just discovered the problem why I couldn't sign into my AGR account or even book travel. I would sign in using my comcast email address then it would say a verifcation code has been sent to your email that would be good for 10 minutes. Unfortunately the email with the codes took 20-30 minutes to arrive and by the time that they did the codes were no longer valid. Still shut out I called AGR and had my email address changed to a gmail account. Problem solved. Apparently AGR sign -ins do not work with Comcast and a few other servers.

After three weeks I just discovered the problem why I couldn't sign into my AGR account or even book travel. I would sign in using my comcast email address then it would say a verifcation code has been sent to your email that would be good for 10 minutes. Unfortunately the email with the codes took 20-30 minutes to arrive and by the time that they did the codes were no longer valid. Still shut out I called AGR and had my email address changed to a gmail account. Problem solved. Apparently AGR sign -ins do not work with Comcast and a few other servers.
Years ago I had to use a different email acct for AGR because my att account was not getting promo emails.

Years ago I had to use a different email acct for AGR because my att account was not getting promo emails.
When I called AGR they told me that quite a email adresses would not work with their site. They place the blame on the email providers and also said that many of the Comcast/Xfinity customers experienced the same issue and were shut out. I set up a gmail account and it now works. I just wonder how many of our members were affected by this and thank goodness that we were able to discuss it here.

Now when I open the Amtrak app it says "We are unable to access your profile at this time. Please try again." and then quickly changes to "Your login has expired. Log in again to continue". But then just goes away and everything is still there as normal.

I have been trying to get into my AGR account, but it’s doing the verification thing again, with a new twist.

I put in the verification code they send me on the line provided. When I hit the button to submit it, it clears the verification code from the line and wants me to start over. And over and over.

I do appreciate them making me Select Plus for an extra year. But it would be very nice to be able to actually get into the account and use the coupons they’ve put in there!

I’ve tried both my AGR number and my gmail address, but no luck with either. And the password is the same one that I have been using successfully up til now. Anyone else running into this? Anything seem to work?

Yes, I know I can call, but I thought I’d try here first.

I have been trying to get into my AGR account, but it’s doing the verification thing again, with a new twist.

I put in the verification code they send me on the line provided. When I hit the button to submit it, it clears the verification code from the line and wants me to start over. And over and over.

I do appreciate them making me Select Plus for an extra year. But it would be very nice to be able to actually get into the account and use the coupons they’ve put in there!

I’ve tried both my AGR number and my gmail address, but no luck with either. And the password is the same one that I have been using successfully up til now. Anyone else running into this? Anything seem to work?

Yes, I know I can call, but I thought I’d try here first.
Are you making sure there's not spaces in the code you copied from the email? Especially after the code.

Thanks—I don’t think so, but I’ll try again and make sure I haven’t added a space at the end.

Just tried again—definitely no spaces at the end, but still doesn’t work.

Thanks—I don’t think so, but I’ll try again and make sure I haven’t added a space at the end.

Just tried again—definitely no spaces at the end, but still doesn’t work.
Next thing to do is to try a different browser. They are not the best at testing the stuff before foisting it on their users.

I'm starting to see things on FB that Amtrak's system, or at least part of it, is down. this morning.

Speaking of Amtrak-related computer glitches, I'm getting the following message on this very site fairly often when I click on the link in the emails I get for threads that I'm following.......
Oops! We ran into some problems.

Any ideas on what's going on?

That last few times (including today) logging on from my desktop, I haven't had to use the verification code.
I guess after many times going through that process they finally recognized this computer.

Back