Anything new on the Cardinal?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachSlumber

Lead Service Attendant
I'm riding the Cardinal in a few weeks and wonder if anything has changed. I don't suppose they have a real diner or a lounge yet.

I'm riding the Cardinal in a few weeks and wonder if anything has changed. I don't suppose they have a real diner or a lounge yet.
No reason to expect a change in the Cardinal equipment until the Viewliner IIs are well along in the process of delivery and entry into revenue service. The LSL and the Silvers are likely to get first dibs on the new diner and baggage dorm cars. Until the Cardinal has more sleeper capacity, presumably no rush to upgrade it with a full service diner car. But until Amtrak issues an update on the Viewliner II order, we don't know what the current schedule estimate is for the first of the new cars entering service.

No reason to expect a change in the Cardinal equipment until the Viewliner IIs are well along in the process of delivery and entry into revenue service. The LSL and the Silvers are likely to get first dibs on the new diner and baggage dorm cars. Until the Cardinal has more sleeper capacity, presumably no rush to upgrade it with a full service diner car. But until Amtrak issues an update on the Viewliner II order, we don't know what the current schedule estimate is for the first of the new cars entering service.
Thanks I figured that. I was hoping originally they'd have some new cars by now.

There are issues other than the lack of new equipment that prevents the Cardinal from going daily. So new equipment arrival has not much to do with planning daily service, other than them being one of the necessary conditions for making daily service possible. But not sufficient condition in and of itself.

I am in the process of planning our AGR Great Train Adventure #3 and the Cardinal is on a the list of possabilities because we have not done this route before. My question is this... If this train does not have a dining car and you are in a sleeper, what meal options are available. We will be going from WAS to CHI or reverse so we are talking a full 24 hours and 3 meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back