Apple Pay

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chase has decided not to support the Amtrak Guest Rewards Card for Apple Pay. I use this card as my main card but am very disappointed with their decision. Amtrak should look to change to VISA or change from Chase

Personally, I'm glad they're holding back. Let others "test the waters" and if things go well, then jump in.

Master card has actually had this function for years with other banks. It is just Chase that doesn't recognize the new Apple Pay. They do however recognize VISA cards.

Chase has decided not to support the Amtrak Guest Rewards Card for Apple Pay. I use this card as my main card but am very disappointed with their decision. Amtrak should look to change to VISA or change from Chase
Chase is the entity which determines whether you receive a Visa or MasterCard, not Amtrak.

I agree that Chase should roll this out for all of their cards, there's no reason to hold back.
One reason is that we'll have yet another middleman between buyer and seller taking yet another cut. Do people really think Apple Pay is a free service? Whether by merchant or bank the cost will eventually be passed along to the consumer.

Last edited by a moderator:
One reason is that we'll have yet another middleman between buyer and seller taking yet another cut. Do people really think Apple Pay is a free service? Whether by merchant or bank the cost will eventually be passed along to the consumer.
Actually, it comes out to the good, because Apple has negotiated cheaper processing rates because of the reduced risk of fraud brought by adding a biometric scanner into the process. Apple makes money off of pocketing the discount.

Back