April 6th derailment

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the train that derailed in Mississippi on April 6th. I'm looking for any other riders or employees that wer on that train. I am a long time rider......first train wheniI was 13 months old, in 1951. This was my first injury in allthese years...unfortunately it was severe. My back was broken and I am now recovering from spinal surgery. I still love the trains and can't wait to be well enough to ride again...can't help but be concerned about the railbeds though. To Randy, the car attendent who was in the ambulance with me...I think about you!

Sheewhois

I myself am very glad to hear you are okay with the exception of your injuries. I hope your recovery continues to go well. It's also nice to hear that you will return to the rails even after such a severe and dramatizing event. :)

shewhois, I am also sorry to hear about your injuries. I hope for your continual recovery, and glad you expect to ride the rails again. You've been doing it almost as long as I, my first trip was in 1947(3 yrs. old). I have not yet been in a wreck though had some pretty jolting moments a time or two, when I wandered......is this it?.......

Again, do what is best for your health and don't try it again until you are sufficiently recovered. You might discover, if you have not already, the joys of eating your meals in your room.

Just occurs to me, after staritng this,that, hey, people are in car wrecks and it does not keep them from riding in a car or driving again, not usually. Few people go through life without some kind of car accident....but we still hop right back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back