Are the Wreck Repair Lines shutdown?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not in that department, and don't hear too much from that area. But my understanding is everything is up and running, just scaled back a bit due to funding and the Acela situation. I may stand corrected, though. OBS...

D. Gunn"s last few news letters indicated that "all" repairs would continue as scheduled.

The only things that would slow down repairs is "waiting for parts" or vendors waiting to get paid. :unsure:

Most vendors have a 30 day "grace" period on payments, before they charge interest. Amtrak has a poor record with paying their bills and the average time before payment is 6 months! :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if vendors start demanding COD! ;)

MJ B)

I haven't heard that anything that suggests that repairs have been mothballed either.
Dear Alan: My company does trash removal contracting. We would be interested in contracting to remove discarded steel railing along the AmTrak lines--notably along the Main Line in Philadelphia out towards Paoli. Our pricing is reasonable and most of the work could be done at night when the trains are idle. Hope you can put us in touch with the appropriate office and personnel. Many thanks. Mark Stearns, President, MacroArray Tech. undefined

I haven't heard that anything that suggests that repairs have been mothballed either.
Dear Alan: My company does trash removal contracting. We would be interested in contracting to remove discarded steel railing along the AmTrak lines--notably along the Main Line in Philadelphia out towards Paoli. Our pricing is reasonable and most of the work could be done at night when the trains are idle. Hope you can put us in touch with the appropriate office and personnel. Many thanks. Mark Stearns, President, MacroArray Tech. undefined
Mr. Stearns,

Put simply, none of us, including Alan, work for Amtrak or have any affiliation/important contacts with them. We are simply a group of ordinary people who have an intrest in discussing Amtrak. If you want to do business with Amtrak, you should contact them directly, or through someone who does have an affiliation with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back