Are these good rooms?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
830 is the "base," standard sleeper on the Builder. Roomette 6 is upstairs about halfway between the middle of the car and the end door. It is about as generic a Superliner roomette as there is. I have 730 roomette 5, which would be directly across the aisle on my next Builder ride, btw.

4820 is the LSL Boston sleeper. It is directly behind the engine. Room 1 is right behind the Bedrooms after the hall jog. The 20 car line is a Viewliner I these days, I think. It is a long way from the diner in the New York section, 6 cars, the cafe, 2 Boston coaches, 3 NY coaches.

As zepyr17 noted, #6 is 1/2 way between the stairs and the end door. Turn right at the top of the stairs, 3rd door on your right. #1 roomette in a Viewliner I is my favorite room...directly next to the water heater! So almost instant hot water in the sink! R #2 is nearly as fast. The shower at the end of the car takes forever to get hot water...60-90 seconds in my opinion, or settle for the 'wake up' cold shower!

830 is the "base," standard sleeper on the Builder. Roomette 6 is upstairs about halfway between the middle of the car and the end door. It is about as generic a Superliner roomette as there is. I have 730 roomette 5, which would be directly across the aisle on my next Builder ride, btw.

4820 is the LSL Boston sleeper. It is directly behind the engine. Room 1 is right behind the Bedrooms after the hall jog. The 20 car line is a Viewliner I these days, I think. It is a long way from the diner in the New York section, 6 cars, the cafe, 2 Boston coaches, 3 NY coaches.
Thanks so much! I rather enjoy the long walk, just about the only way to get any exercise.

As zepyr17 noted, #6 is 1/2 way between the stairs and the end door. Turn right at the top of the stairs, 3rd door on your right. #1 roomette in a Viewliner I is my favorite room...directly next to the water heater! So almost instant hot water in the sink! R #2 is nearly as fast. The shower at the end of the car takes forever to get hot water...60-90 seconds in my opinion, or settle for the 'wake up' cold shower!
Good point about hot water! Heh...hubby and I actually enjoy cold showers, learned from Wim Hof, so that cold shower will be welcome. 😁

Back