Arrived in St. Paul via Capitol Limited/Empire Builder

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dovecote

OBS Chief
Arrived in St. Paul on the evening of July 31 from Harpers Ferry, WV via the CL and EB. Each train was sold out in both the coach and sleeping sections. On the July 31 EB , there was an overflow crowd beginning in WDL when 30 passengers boarded. They were seated in the lounge along with subsequent passengers boarding at later stops. An announcement was made at the MSP station stating that the train was sold out heading west.

My wife and I enjoyed our trip. Both legs of the trip were spent in roomette sleeping accomodations. Our car attendant on the CL was a slacker to say the least. Totally opposite of our EB car attendant. On the EB, our attendant relocated us to another room in another car when we asked to move due to an obnoxious loud mouth passenger in the room across from us. The meals were well above board and the service exceptional.

We will be heading back to HFY on August 17 and will file a report upon our return.

Glad you had a good trip. I'm also glad the trains were full, perhaps a good sign for Amtrak.

I hope you have a good trip home.

Arrived in St. Paul on the evening of July 31 from Harpers Ferry, WV via the CL and EB. Each train was sold out in both the coach and sleeping sections. On the July 31 EB , there was an overflow crowd beginning in WDL when 30 passengers boarded. They were seated in the lounge along with subsequent passengers boarding at later stops. An announcement was made at the MSP station stating that the train was sold out heading west.
My wife and I enjoyed our trip. Both legs of the trip were spent in roomette sleeping accomodations. Our car attendant on the CL was a slacker to say the least. Totally opposite of our EB car attendant. On the EB, our attendant relocated us to another room in another car when we asked to move due to an obnoxious loud mouth passenger in the room across from us. The meals were well above board and the service exceptional.

We will be heading back to HFY on August 17 and will file a report upon our return.
Thanks for the report,sounds like the EB is really packing them in,wonder how far the pax in

the lounge had to ride?Must make the SAs in the coaches(and probably the sleepers too)

'keep jumping to handle all the on/off activity!Another example of East vs. West trains,

most OBS in the west seem friendlier and do a great job, perhaps its more stressful living

in the east as I should know based on my 20= yrs in DC!(please no hate mail from yankees,

I love the north east too except for the winters! :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back