austin bound

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

white rabbitt

Lead Service Attendant
i got on the thuway bus in detroit got to toledo with no trouble infact the station agent in toledo was vary helpful since i was the only one bording there she took me in a cart to the end of the capital limited, we arrived a hour and a half late due to traffic

i am now in the metropolitian lounge it is wonderful and real nice they start boarding at 1pm for the eagle thank everyone at au for all your help

:D larry

Sounds like you're having a good time! Hope you weren't too tired after the Toledo layover - 7 hours in the middle of the night would seem brutal. How were the CL and Texas Eagle? Personally, I've never taken the CL east of TOL or the Texas Eagle at all (I have been on the Sunset Limited, though, so I am familiar with the LAX-SAS part of the TE). Never really had a reason to - the Wolverines are far more convenient to go to CHI from southeast Michigan (though the morning one isn't running this morning - hence your bus+CL to CHI trip)..

I'll probably be on the CL soon, albeit from TOL-WAS (planning on doing a WAS trip shortly - I want to do something fairly short but do something different from CHI). My last experience on it was last year on my first overnight trip - as I remember, it was a pretty great train (a Superliner with full diner/SSL, and great scenery in the morning. The overnight schedule also helps make it more doable for a quick trip...

Sounds like you're having a good time! Hope you weren't too tired after the Toledo layover - 7 hours in the middle of the night would seem brutal. How were the CL and Texas Eagle? Personally, I've never taken the CL east of TOL or the Texas Eagle at all (I have been on the Sunset Limited, though, so I am familiar with the LAX-SAS part of the TE). Never really had a reason to - the Wolverines are far more convenient to go to CHI from southeast Michigan (though the morning one isn't running this morning - hence your bus+CL to CHI trip)..

I'll probably be on the CL soon, albeit from TOL-WAS (planning on doing a WAS trip shortly - I want to do something fairly short but do something different from CHI). My last experience on it was last year on my first overnight trip - as I remember, it was a pretty great train (a Superliner with full diner/SSL, and great scenery in the morning. The overnight schedule also helps make it more doable for a quick trip...
update i am now in austin

here is what i wrote on the eagle

I boarded the texas eagle in chicago after going to the metropolitan lounge that was huge and for sleeper custamers, steve is the csa and he has nothing but helpful and all of amtrak has been nothing but good, the lady in the diner

Is kind of indifferent and not overy friendly, she served me a seafood enchalota that was to kill for, the salad was soso just lettace a tomanto and a slice of cuecumber, nothing special the coffee was the total s#%#s wost

watered down thing I ever drank, now steve makes great coffee has fresh water juice ice and soda cant ask for more right now we just left longview texas we are about a hour and a half behind so far but we will make up some of it,we did we were only 45 minites late, also tonight the lady in the diner was so not careing about the people she took orders from we waited 45 minites to get our food, amtrak long distance trains are just enjoyable, looking forword to monday boarding the eagle back to chicago

the diner it was frustrateing becouse we had the indifferant bored lady serveing us

she just did not care, when i told her the food was spicy hot she could care less she said i

could go to the lounge and buy something there, she was just going threw the motions

but the coffee was just coloured water worst thing i ever tryed to sip, when i got back to the roomette i

steve had a fresh pot of coffee out and thank god for steve the SCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back