Auto Train question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Scott G.

I'm taking the Auto Train this weekend to Florida and have noticed that so far this week it's been running quite late according to Amtraks web site. We've taken it many times before and it's never been more that an hour behind. Anyone know why this week it's running so far behind? Yes I already know CSX controls the line and Amtrak has very little control on what happens along the line, just wondering if there are any long term speed restrictions on the route.

Thanks

Monday southbound was late due enjine trouble north of Rocky Mount N.C. call my friend that was the conductor on his cell phone for information and that what he told me. It just take a few days before they can get back on time. Every thing should be good by this weekend. Have a good trip.

I heard some info on that incident a little while ago. Apparently all three computer screens went out in the 843. Since the Engineer no longer can see how the Engine is functioning the Engine automatically treats it as a System Failure and activates a Penalty Application (similar to if you fail to comply with a Cab Signal). There was reportedly a four hour delay. Ouch.

Back