Auto Train (Time thru JAX)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously depends on what part of JAX you're in. But typically about 6 on the south end, and 6:30 as you move north. You can really use 98 as a good gauge for Auto Train, it's typically 30-45 minutes behind the Meteor.

Thank you both......I recently moved from Va Beach back home to JAX area. I actually live in Clay County.....near the CSX that cuts thru the center of the County.....appreciate the assistance.....want to take my son out to chase a few and wanted to get the Auto Train in the mix.

John

You are lucky that for half the year, you get to see both NB and SB in the light. ;) Where I live, I'm about 1500' from the CSX Mainline. The AT comes through between 8:15 and 8:45 at night, right at about an hour after the Meteor. SB, though, I can only guess is around 4-4:30 AM. I haven't got up to chase that one...

<<<<Obviously depends on what part of JAX you're in. But typically about 6 on the south end, and 6:30 as you move north>>>

You were right on the money. I live just off the CSX "A" Line in Clay County, and the best place to watch (though the lighting in the PM stinks) is at the Orange Park siding. AUTO TRAIN #52 came thru at 6:10pm.

I grew up in JAX---and forgot how nice it is to have the Signals called out......so much nicer than the detectors of Southern California. In fact, today was my first day back at railfanning, since I left SoCAL in 1998!!! Found all my scanner stufff and everything still works.

Thanks for the info. Heading to Crawford Diamond and Folkston GA this weekend.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back