Awesome Web Page

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve,

I'm not quite sure just how far a P42 can go on one fill up, in part because that number is affected by how many cars is the engine hauling along with what type of terrain its traveling over.

However do not base anything on the Auto Train. Your example is not correct. The AT does indeed make a stop in the middle of the night. The train stops at Charleston for refueling and a crew change. The train is also watered at this stop.

No passengers however are allowed to embark or disembark.

Bill Haithcoat said:
I thought it was Florence, S.C., where the Auto Train stops for refueling. Am I wrong, or has it, perhaps, changed?
Oops, :blink: you're quite right Bill. I knew that it was one of those southern cities, but in my haste I just typed the first one that came to mind. It is indeed Florance where the AT is watered, refueled, and the engineer & conductors change.

You sir are correct. Of the Amtrak trains AT is the only one fueled there, Silver Service trains are refuled at Jacksonville for the trip north/south. Amtrak however has very little influence in Florence, the crew room is shared with CSX, Amtrak has little corner with message computers and ARROW for the manifests (AT does not recieve new manifests since nothing's changed from the previous copy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back