B-24 ride

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetalumaLoco

Conductor
My sons and I took a ride on a WWII B-24 bomber last week.

Son-in-law and 3yo grandson showed up for the ground tour.

Here's a slideshow.

Last year we flew in a B-25. Next year it's a B-17. These rides are as much fun as a x-country train trip, all squooshed up in a hellacious deafening half hour of fierce wind, vibration and great views.

Thanks for your interest.

Cool.

My late uncle flew a B17 in WWII. He was shot down after just a mission or two. He got help from the French Underground and managed to escape to Spain where he was put in prison for a few days. It took about a month but he got back to England eventually. He was reported KIA and his family went through a funeral before they found out he was alive. All ended well though and he lived into his 70s.

Dan

Cool.
My late uncle flew a B17 in WWII. He was shot down after just a mission or two. He got help from the French Underground and managed to escape to Spain where he was put in prison for a few days. It took about a month but he got back to England eventually. He was reported KIA and his family went through a funeral before they found out he was alive. All ended well though and he lived into his 70s.

Dan
Thanks, Dan, it's always good to remember the men that took these into battle.

Back