Bad News for the Sunset Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

piedpiper13

Train Attendant
Just got off the phone with Amtrak - our return trip from Montana is being changed!! :huh: There is going to be track work between New Orleans and Jacksonville from 14th March to 21st!! :eek: No passsenger service at all during this time frame!! So they rebooked us from Chicago thru DC to Florida - They are right on the ball giving us this much warning but I am going to miss the layover in NO that we would have had!! :D

That happened to us last summer - but Amtrak called us 2 weeks before our trip! It ended up making a more interesting journey for us in the long run but a lot of pre-trip drama getting things changed to our satisfaction.

One thing I will say - the 2 trips I have done on the Sunset have always been so far behind schedule that we had virtually no layover in NO and the poor folks making connecting trains were bussed to catch up.

Maybe for you it will end up being a blessing in disguise! LOL! :p

Have a safe and fun trip in March!

Are you going in a sleeper for this trip? Make sure to give a trip report when you get back.

YES, sleeper all the way!! :D And the change in route was made with NO extra changes to us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back