Bag Storage at KCY?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafi

Conductor
Baltimore, MD (primary); Culpeper, VA; Washington,
All,

I apologize if this is a repeat question, but a cursory search didn't reveal anything...

Does anyone know if KCY has any baggage storage facilities? I'll be connecting from the morning River Runner to the Chief on Thursday, which is going to leave me with about 11 hours of downtime in which I'd like to explore the city. I realize KCY isn't big on Amtrak facilities, but does anyone know if there are any baggage storage options there, Amtrak or third party?

Thanks,

Rafi

All,
I apologize if this is a repeat question, but a cursory search didn't reveal anything...

Does anyone know if KCY has any baggage storage facilities? I'll be connecting from the morning River Runner to the Chief on Thursday, which is going to leave me with about 11 hours of downtime in which I'd like to explore the city. I realize KCY isn't big on Amtrak facilities, but does anyone know if there are any baggage storage options there, Amtrak or third party?

Thanks,

Rafi
Right beside the Amtrak desk is the checked luggage/hold room. Last time I was there they charged $2 per piece and wanted you to pick it up 30 minutes before your train boarded. Usually it is a young guy working the baggage and a very old woman @ the Amtrak counter! Shouldnt be a problem Rafi!Suggest you visit the Jazz Hall of Fame and Negro Leauge Museum (in the same building) @ 18th and Vine, Arthur Bryants Bar-B-Q is a couple of blocks away! A taxi is cheap and it's a great place, one ticket for the two places! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Second Jim's suggestion.

Bryant's may not be my favorite 'Q joint, but its right up there :D

If you have not been to Kansas City before I would recommend spending some time checking out Union Station. There are alot of pictures around showing what the place looked like from 12 years ago all the way to about 90 years ago when it was booming. There are 30 min. Segway tours offered for a small price plus you get to ride a sweet Segway. Another great place to check out is the WWI museum and Liberty Memorial, which are both in walking distance on a nice cool day, but it hasn't been like that here lately. It's one of the best museums around here and the National WWI museum of the country. You'll see it when you walk out the front doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back