Baggage at WAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakeshore

Service Attendant
The Amtrak site says there are no lockers, but there is a baggage storage room. Is this correct, and is the storage only for sleeper pax or for anyone? I don't mind carrying my bag around for the day, but I don't want to get tackled by the Secret Service or anything. :lol:

If you are in a sleeper you can leave bags in the CA.

If not, there is a paid baggage room next to Gate A. It's kind of tough to see, make like you're going out to the tracks at Gate A and you'll see it on your right just before the first set of glass doors.

Careful, though: the paid storage room is ferociously expensive. I have never seen a costlier one. Maybe $5 an HOUR?!!!!

We don't know where you are coming from or going to, but could you use the checked baggage service as storage? Or get into the Metropolitan Lounge?

Example: you are going from Philadelphia to, wherever. Check your bag in PHL to DC (even if your ticket is to a point beyond, you can still do this). It will go to DC on a long-distance train, and you pick it up there at the end of your day in DC for your ongoing travel. We can give you better advice if we know your real travel schedule and itinerary.

If you are in a sleeper (or Acela 1st class), use the Metropolitan lounge, which has a free storage room.

Hauling a bag around town is never fun, and in DC it does, indeed, keep you out of a bunch of buildings.

I am actually just getting on in CLE tonight, taking the Cap to DC, walking around for a few hours, and hopping back on the Cap to come home. I will just have a little bag with water and snacks in it. It will be no problem to carry around, I was just wondering if I would be able to leave it somewhere.

OK, then not worth the price (to leave at the luggage room). Though, you can check it home to CLE when you are done with it: there is no minimum size for a checked bag.

I am actually just getting on in CLE tonight, taking the Cap to DC, walking around for a few hours, and hopping back on the Cap to come home. I will just have a little bag with water and snacks in it. It will be no problem to carry around, I was just wondering if I would be able to leave it somewhere.

Depends on where he's going. If the bag stops you from visiting somewhere (like the US Capitol), then it's worth it.

Also, the bag room charges by size, so a small bag isn't all that expensive.

Just an FYI:

small camera bags/purses were $2 /hr

duffel/gym bags $4 /hr

suitcases $6 /hr

Tops out at 5 hrs, so 1 suitcase would cost $30/day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back