Baggage Car 61037

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CCC1007

Customer Service Agent
Does anyone know what happened to this baggage car? My friend noticed that it is listed as wrecked.

Might've been the baggage car on 65 that hit a truck in Rhode Island. The baggage car was a little torn up, but I don't see how it would've needed to be marked as wrecked.

Might've been the baggage car on 65 that hit a truck in Rhode Island. The baggage car was a little torn up, but I don't see how it would've needed to be marked as wrecked.
This is indeed the baggage car that was involved in accident in Rhode Island although I think it hit a car. "Wrecked" is merely status that exceeds a certain dollar amount and indicates the equipment will remain o/o/s for some time. When is goes to "stored," you can start worrying. :ph34r:

This is indeed the baggage car that was involved in accident in Rhode Island although I think it hit a car. "Wrecked" is merely status that exceeds a certain dollar amount and indicates the equipment will remain o/o/s for some time. When is goes to "stored," you can start worrying. :ph34r:
When I said truck, I meant pick up truck, sorry. At least that's how I recall hearing about it, from the crew that was operating the train that night. It's kind of funny though, I was working in the yard the morning that it was towed back from the incident site, and although I'm only an LSA and I may not be pervy to all things mechanical, it didn't appear to be in that bad of shape. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back