Baggage claim at NYP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSmith

Service Attendant
Next week we're traveling from Buffalo-Depew to New York on the Lake Shore Limited in roomettes. We are bring our toddler's stroller with us for the trip, and it's pretty clear to me that there is nowhere on a Viewliner to stow it as carry-on. So we'll have to check it (and maybe one other bag).

What's the baggage claim process at NYP? Is it like at an airport with a conveyer belt? How long should we expect to wait at the station to get our luggage?

Just trying to put together a plan for next week...

No, baggage claim at NYP is nothing like an airport. First it seems to take at least a good half hour to get the bags upstairs. Then they basically just open up a big rolling gate and everone walks into a big room and wanders around looking for their bags. As you leave, they check your claim tickets with those on the bags.

So figure on about a half hour or more?

Am I right that there is nowhere to store a folded baby stroller on the Viewliner car and I will have to check it?

So figure on about a half hour or more?
I would.

Am I right that there is nowhere to store a folded baby stroller on the Viewliner car and I will have to check it?
Well depending on just how flat it gets when folder, it might well be able to slide under one of the seats. I'm thinking one of those so called umbrella strollers. Such a stroller could also hang from the garment bag loop too.

But otherwise, no there really wouldn't be any other easy place for it to be stored on a Viewliner. The attendant would either have to keep it in the shower or the vestibule, which would require that they constantly move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back