Baltimore stations car rental question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allypet

Service Attendant
I have to make a weekend trip to north Baltimore next month, Reisterstown to be exact. Instead of driving from NY I was thinking about Amtrak. Would it be easier to get off one stop later at BWI to rent a car at the airport, or are there car rental locations close to BAL?

Do you really need a car in Resistertown? you can also get there by taking the Baltimore Metro to the last stop Owings Mill and connecting to MTA Bus Route 56 that has every day service up and down Main Street.

I have to make a weekend trip to north Baltimore next month, Reisterstown to be exact. Instead of driving from NY I was thinking about Amtrak. Would it be easier to get off one stop later at BWI to rent a car at the airport, or are there car rental locations close to BAL?
There used to be a phone in Baltimore Penn Station that would connect you directly to Hertz. I don't know whether it's still there or not. I believe that Enterprise will pick you up at the station, and most of the other agencies will reimburse you if you take a cab to get to their downtown locations, all of which are quite close to the station.

But whichever company you use, I would recommend going to BAL rather than BWI because 1. you'll avoid the extra taxes and charges levied on cars rented at the airport, 2. Reisterstown is at the other end of the Baltimore metro area, so it will be a long hike from the airport to drive there, and 3. If you go to BWI rail station, you'll need to take the shuttle bus to the airport, which isn't hard, but is a pain with luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back