Bedroom amenities

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I are about to get on a 45 hour trip in a regular bedroom suite with shower. Last time was many years ago, so I wanted to ask, are towells, washcloths, soap provided?

Thanks,

We have always had a good supply of towels and wash cloths during our travels but bar soap only about 70% of the time and we have not seen, any shampoo and lotion so far. What is very good are the improved blankets that I call light quilts.
All is for naught w/o good (or even any) water pressure, which we encountered in 9811 ( a VII car) 2 days ago.

All is for naught w/o good (or even any) water pressure, which we encountered in 9811 ( a VII car) 2 days ago.
Was this in the hall shower? That could be the result of a defective pumping system or that the water tank was not filled. In either case please report this to Amtrak customer service. It may take some time for a return message. They might give you a voucher for your trouble.

Was this in the hall shower? That could be the result of a defective pumping system or that the water tank was not filled. In either case please report this to Amtrak customer service. It may take some time for a return message. They might give you a voucher for your trouble.
LSA reported it in DC, but "they" did not get around to fixing it; had to use hall shower in 9810 w/30sec bursts; also no WiFi in dining car or 9811: "Call 1 800 USA RAIL" said the dining car steward as she went about her business. Otherwise soap/towell all there, except t.p.; had to "borrow" from community stall. Otherwise a great trip. Breakfast delicious.

We have always had a good supply of towels and wash cloths during our travels but bar soap only about 70% of the time and we have not seen, any shampoo and lotion so far. What is very good are the improved blankets that I call light quilts.
I think the shampoo & body lotion may be by request from the attendant, along with the toothbrush/toothpaste set and earplugs. If they're out in the room, it was probably by an overly zealous attendant or cleaning crew.

My success rate at even getting a box of Kleenex has been around 50%.

Back