Bedroom Meal Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also would not have any problem sharing the table with a baby!

Since you posted this question, you are obviously a parent who knows when the baby is about to melt down and would know to exit the area. The dining mates can pack up the meal and bring it to the room if that were to occur.

Have a wonderful trip!

As I was the first to respond, I want to clarify that I was only answering the question asked, about splitting the reservation. My first thought had been, why not just bring the baby with? But that wasn't what was asked so wasn't what I answered!

As an aside, though- are children under aged 3 (who travel free) in a bedroom entitled to a meal, as well?

As an aside, though- are children under aged 3 (who travel free) in a bedroom entitled to a meal, as well?
I'm sure someone can weigh in with the official "rule" but IME it depends on the dining car staff. We've

been told both.

In the late '70s & early '80s, we traveled with our two small kids and left them in the room when we went to dinner. Now, it is even better. You can put a cell phone in the room, call the other phone and then put it down so you can hear everything that is going on in the room while you are at dinner.

Is there a provision for a pregnant woman 'eating for two' ?

"I'll have two specials", declared Polly, who was 7 months pregnant, to the LSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back