Bedroom views

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

65Imperial

Train Attendant
As I have posted on here before, my future wife and I will be honeymooning in San Fran. via the CZ. We have a bedroom for the trip and she was asking me if the scenery was better if you are on one side of the train or the other. I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask those who have done the trip before!!! Thanks David

Well since there is no way to predict which way Amtrak will orientate your sleeping car, there is no way to predict which side of the train that your bedroom will land on.

Now if indeed you have a bedroom, and not a roomette, the one saving grace is that if you keep your door curtain open, then you can see out the windows across the small hallway. If you have a roomette, then your best option is to head for the Sightseer Lounge car. Even if you do have a bedroom, you still may want to spend some time in the lounge car, since it is much easier to see things no matter what side they are on.

I've found with parts of the CZ that no matter what side you sit on, the scenery is SWEET!!!! I went to CHI about a month ago and made for sure I sat on the same side of the CZ that I sat on going to CHI. That way I got to see the other side going back. That is one thing about rail travel that I really like! :)

Also keep in mind that most of Utah and Nevada looks ostensibly the same out of both sides of the car....

Was on the CZ on 18-20 May 07 EB ,bedrooms where to the rear of the car. Roomettes to the front. All other times on the CZ the opposite was true. I planed and requested an even numbered roomette EB so as to be on the right side [ Read north side] of the car. So as to be on the oppoite side from our WB trip out to San Francisco. All of this was on the assumption that the bedrooms would be at the front of the car. Surprise surprise. :)

And, if in a Bedroom as opposed to a Roomette, all Bedrooms are on the same side of the train so there is no issue of choosing a side. It will just depend on which way the car is positioned.

As I have posted on here before, my future wife and I will be honeymooning in San Fran. via the CZ. We have a bedroom for the trip and she was asking me if the scenery was better if you are on one side of the train or the other. I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask those who have done the trip before!!! Thanks David

HHHHHHold It Right There.

You are worried about the view out some dirty Amtrak window on your Honeymoon ??????

Be lucky you find the window............................................... :)

My girlfriend and I was talking about this: If your joining the "79mph club" on the CZ AFTER Denver, does that mean that you are also in the "Mile High Club" as well?!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back