Best Amtrak Video

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting close to our departure date! Just over 2 weeks away. So naturally, I'm watching Amtrak videos on YouTube, and I came across this one last night. I think it's a great pace video, and it happens to be one of the routes we are taking.

Man those tracks at the beginning of the video look rough.

The guy doing the pacing is a little scary though... 80mph on a side road!!?

I hope this "pacing" thing isn't widespread. I like trains, and I can have a slightly heavy foot on interstate highways at times, but his reckless driving is inexcusable. 90 mph on a two-lane road, never mind videoing at the same time?? :unsure:

Gopros are a great option for what you are doing. Save the professional rigs for when you get paid to do it. Remember to vary the focal length on the cameras so you aren't cutting all wide shots. Also, look at recording audio separately for editing later. It's nice to have clean train audio without conversations going on in the back ground. Have fun.

I hope this "pacing" thing isn't widespread. I like trains, and I can have a slightly heavy foot on interstate highways at times, but his reckless driving is inexcusable. 90 mph on a two-lane road, never mind videoing at the same time?? :unsure:

I've paced trains before. But that was out near Barstow, CA driving the speed limit in the desert (or below) chasing freights.

This guy seems like he'd run straight through a red light just to keep up with the train!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back