Best of the Lounge Lizards

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture almost turns the large, spacious, well-furnished LAX lounge into a bus terminal! I try no to fall asleep at any station or airport in case I miss my departure.

sblq36.jpg
You know, my feelings on the subject aside, this picture makes me laugh every time I see it.

Well played.

Every time I see this thread pop up I totally expect to see a video of guys in sunglasses and maroon tuxedos crooning Sinatra songs or a picture of an album cover.

If only I had photoshop skills...or photoshop.

I'd sneak in there and gently roll them out of their little nests, like cow tipping. Fun activity for the kids, too.

Lizards were way out of control last night on the SL from San Antonio to LAX. They started setting up shop with blankets and pillows about 9:30pm and every triple lounge seat was full. They had to resort to using the booths which is rare because lizards prefer the 3 seater over a booth. You can probably see the overcapacity of the lizards in the background of this pic.

DSCN0481.JPG

IMG_0152 by seat38a, on Flickr

This is the picture I took of the lounge that I took the first day after breakfast on the Sunset Limited. We wondered into the lounge after eating breakfast in the dining car. If I took this same picture the next day, it would be EXACTLY the same with only a different scenery out the window (Expect the people on the right. They were from our sleeper). Once the seats were staked out, no one moved, and at night they were sprawled out on the the seats or the floor with sleeping bags and all.

Although they are highly elusive creatures I managed to capture a lounge lizard pic at LAUS in the early am. I think they were planning to take over starlight lounge later that day. Note that the seats have the triple wood barrier between seats to keep the lizards from using more than one seat.
liz1_zpsb9a5fa87.jpg
They actually started to crack down on the sleeping. Half the seats are for ticketed Amtrak passengers and the other half for Metrolink passengers with a time limit and security patrol. All the seating areas are now roped off with limited designated entrances.

P1000025 by seat38a, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back