Best Place to Park At Newark Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big Iron

Where is the best place to park at Newark Penn for a daytrip (today 6/14) into New York City?

Thanks!

I'm not sure where a good place to park at Newark Penn is... I have parked at Newark Airport, which is quite convenient as long as you don't mind paying extra to ride the monorail style "AirTrain" from the terminal to the train station.

Even more convenient, and much cheaper is the Seccaucas Station which is 5 miles driving wise from Newark Penn (according to google maps) and right off I-95. They have a very nice and safe guarded parking lot which is only $10 for all day. I have used this lot three times in the last month and I always feel safe in this station and in the lot. The NJ Transit trains run quite frequently from there to NYC, and a ticket costs only $3.25!

I'm sure that others who live in the area can tell you more... but this is what I use now when visiting!

Newark has no parking. There are a few lots nearby but they are nearly as expensive as the city itself. Your best bet would be to find parking near a light-rail station and light-rail to the station. Better yet, go to a station closer to where you live.

One more thing. Don't be one of those fools who pays $5 for NJT or even more for Amtrak each way from NWK. Take the PATH one stop to JSQ and then ride that to approximately the same place. It costs more, but it saves you a solid $3.25.

One more thing. Don't be one of those fools who pays $5 for NJT or even more for Amtrak each way from NWK. Take the PATH one stop to JSQ and then ride that to approximately the same place. It costs more, but it saves you a solid $3.25.
I'm thinking that you meant "it takes longer" rather than "it costs more", because otherwise if it costs more how can he possibly be saving $3.25? :lol:

I'm thinking that you meant "it takes longer" rather than "it costs more", because otherwise if it costs more how can he possibly be saving $3.25? :lol:
... You caught me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back